OGS Global is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information held about individuals in accordance with the applicable laws. “Personal information” is information about an identifiable individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, as defined by applicable law. OGS Global has implemented measures to comply with its obligations under the relevant Australian and New Zealand privacy laws.
This policy applies to OGS Global Pty Ltd (ABN 17 630 654 518) and its subsidiaries (“OGS Global” or “we” “us” or “our”) and describes the way that OGS Global collects, holds and discloses personal information about individuals. This policy forms part of our Terms and Conditions for use of this website and other websites operated by us.
Privacy statements in relation to our websites and in relation to calls received by our Consumer Enquiries line are also incorporated into this policy.
Why does OGS Global collect my personal information?
OGS Global collects and holds your personal information to allow it to perform its business functions. For example, OGS Global may collect your personal information to enable you to participate in a OGS Global promotion, for the uses listed below or to allow OGS Global to market its current and future products and services to you.
What personal information does OGS Global hold?
During the course of our business, we may collect personal information from you. If you are a customer of OGS Global distributor or franchise owner, we may also collect information about you from the distributor or franchise owner.
The types of personal information OGS Global collects will depend on the nature of your dealings with OGS Global and may (but does not always) include:
- Your name;
- Date of birth;
- Personal and/or work contact details (including phone/fax number/email address, business name and authorised representative name and contact details, address);
- Your product preferences and purchase history;
- Any information about you which you provide through promotions, competitions or customer surveys; and/or
- Payment details (e.g. credit card number).
If necessary, OGS Global may also ask you to provide it with additional personal information from time to time, including when you call our Consumer Enquiries line.
What if you don’t provide OGS Global the personal information it requires?
If you can’t, or won’t, provide OGS Global with the personal information it reasonably requires, OGS Global may be unable to provide you with the information, goods or services you have requested.
How does OGS Global collect my personal information?
OGS Global tries to collect personal information directly from you. That collection generally occurs when you:
- Request information from, or have dealings directly with OGS Global or one of its related companies;
- Participate in a competition or trade promotion conducted by OGS Global or one of its related companies;
- Participate in a survey conducted by OGS Global or one of its related companies;
- Purchase tickets or merchandise from a website operated by OGS Global or one of its related companies;
- Access or request information from OGS Global website or the website of one of its related companies; or
- Provide information to OGS Global customer service call centre.
In some circumstances however, OGS Global may also collect your personal information from other entities covered by this policy or third parties (including OGS Global distributors or franchise owners), but where it does so, it will ensure that it acts in accordance with relevant privacy laws.
OGS Global will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances (if any) to ensure that you are aware of the purposes for which it collects your personal information. Such notification may be from an OGS Global distributor or franchise owner where your information is collected (for disclosure to, or on behalf of, OGS Global) by such an entity.
How does OGS Global use my personal information?
OGS Global uses your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected, including (but not limited to):
- Providing you with the OGS Global goods or services you request;
- Promoting and marketing OGS Global current and future products and services (including to you);
- Informing you of upcoming events, special promotions and offers, discounts and other matters which OGS Global considers may be of interest to you;
- Conducting research (including but not limited to client surveys) concerning OGS Global current and future products or services;
- Administering, reviewing and optimising the performance of OGS Global distribution network (including allocating customers to distributors/franchise owners) and improving the effectiveness of any software used by the distribution network; and
- Improving the operation or navigation of OGS Global website.
OGS Global may also use your personal information for other purposes which are related to those listed above and which will be made clear to you at the time OGS Global collects that information, or for such purposes as may be required or permitted by law.
If OGS Global uses your personal information for direct marketing purposes, all correspondence sent to you by OGS Global will give you the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving any further direct marketing correspondence. If we use your personal information to send you any direct marketing communications, you have the right to request that we provide you with the source of that personal information. There is no fee for requesting this information. Unless it is impracticable or unreasonable to do so, we will provide you with the source of the personal information.
OGS Global Consumer Enquiries Privacy Statement
- Customer Service: OGS Global will use the personal information you provide during Calls to assist in answering your query or addressing your complaint. This may include using the information you provide to contact you following the Call in response to your query or complaint.
- Quality: If your query or complaint relates to the quality of products or services provided by a OGS Global stockist or distributor then the personal information may be used to address that issue with the stockist or distributor in question. Generally, it will not be necessary to identify you when the complaint is raised with the stockist and distributor. If it is necessary, we will seek your consent first.
- Training: OGS Global may use the recording of the telephone conversation for internal training purposes.
- Verification: If you have a complaint in relation to the quality of OGS Global products then OGS Global may retain the recording of the telephone conversation for verification purposes. OGS Global may also disclose the recording to third parties, including its professional advisors, in order to address the complaint or any action you may take in relation to the complaint.
Will OGS Global give your personal information to anyone else?
- In providing you the information, goods or services you request, OGS Global may be required to disclose your personal information to:
- OGS Global related companies;
- OGS Global consultants, contractors and service providers performing services including (but not limited to) promotions agencies, advertising agencies, legal and accounting services, credit reporting, mail-house, transport, prize providers, marketing, data analysis and processing and printing services; and/or
- OGS Global distributors/franchise owners.
which may operate or hold data in Australia or in overseas countries which may include (but are not limited to) New Zealand, the United States of America and Japan. If OGS Global provides your personal information to such a party, OGS Global generally requires the third party to protect your personal information in the same way OGS Global does. Please note that Australian law may not apply to some of these entities.
OGS Global may also disclose your personal information to other third parties where it is required or permitted to under any applicable law.
Is my personal information secure?
OGS Global takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is protected from risks such as misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, use, destruction, modification or disclosure.
No data transmission over the internet is totally secure. As a result, any personal information you send to OGS Global over the Internet (including via email) is sent at your own risk.
Your rights of access and correction
The accuracy of your personal information is important. OGS Global takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading. If you believe that any personal information OGS Global holds about you is incorrect, please contact us on 131OGS or firstname.lastname@example.org
You have a general right to access the personal information OGS Global holds about you. You may contact our Head Office line on 131OGS or email@example.com to request details of your personal information. OGS Global can deny your request in some circumstances and if it does so, will provide you with written reasons for that denial. We will take reasonable steps to give access in a way that meets both OGS Global needs and your needs.
While there is no fee for requesting access to the personal information OGS Global holds about you, OGS Global reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for the preparation and provision of that information to you.
You also have the right to request the correction of personal information which OGS Global holds about you. You may do so at any time by contacting our Head Office line on 131OGS or firstname.lastname@example.org OGS Global does however reserve the right to refuse to correct your information in some circumstances. If OGS Global refuses to correct any personal information about you, and subsequent agreement cannot be reached between the parties on this issue, you may request that a note or statement regarding the correction requested be attached to your personal information. We will not charge you a fee for requesting a correction to your personal information, correcting that information or for attaching a statement to your personal information (as relevant).
Even if you don’t submit such a request, if we are satisfied that, having regard to the reasons for which we hold your personal information, that personal information is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading, we may take reasonable steps to correct that information.
How do I obtain more information or lodge a privacy complaint?
- Have any concerns or a complaint regarding OGS Global privacy practices or its management of your personal information; or
- Consider that we have breached the APPs,
Please contact our Head Office line on 131OGS or email@example.com.
We acknowledge and take very seriously every privacy query and complaint that we receive. OGS Global will endeavour to respond to you within 20 business days.
If you’re not satisfied with how we have handled your matter, you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via the contact details listed at http://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us-page.